Hydrogen peroxide in the ears for the flu and colds?
In 1928, Dr. Richard Simmons, hypothesized that colds and flu virus enter our bodies through the ear canal. It was Dr. Simmons' hypothesis that, contrary to what we have been taught, we usually can catch the two via the ear canal and not through the eyes or nose or mouth as most of us believe. Dr. Simmons' findings were dismissed by the medical community.
Remarkable results can be achieved in curing colds and the flu within 12-14 hours when we administer a few drops of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) into each ear. The H2O2 starts working within 2-3 minutes in killing the cold or flu. There will be some bubbling and in some cases mild stinging might occur. I do this myself and I can assure you that it is not painful in any way. It tickles more than anything.
Wait until the bubbling subsides - usually a few minutes - then drain onto a tissue and repeat with the other ear.
Although this practice is perfectly safe for infants and children to use, the loud bubbling and stinging may frighten them, and they will need someone they trust to put the hydrogen peroxide in their ears. DO NOT get hydrogen peroxide in the eyes - if you do, flush with water.
Many people have also successfully used the 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution in ears packed with wax, to help loosen it up after it has been soaked with oil for a few minutes (any oil will do, olive oil usually works best).
Other uses for hydrogen peroxide
What else is 3% hydrogen peroxide good for? You can make your kitchen a safer, cleaner place and eliminate bacteria, without exposing yourself or your family to toxic chemicals which also damage the environment. You can use a simple, safe disinfecting spray which is more effective than any of the commercial cleaners in killing bacteria.In addition, it is also inexpensive.
What you need is 3% hydrogen peroxide, the same strength available for disinfecting wounds or gargling, and plain white vinegar or apple cider vinegar and 2 clean "spray bottle", like the ones you use to dampen laundry before ironing.
It doesn't make a difference which one you use first - you can spray either with the hydrogen peroxide followed by the vinegar, or with the vinegar and then the hydrogen peroxide. There won't be any lingering taste of hydrogen peroxide or vinegar, and neither is toxic to you even if a small amount were to remain on the produce.
The sprays of hydrogen peroxide and vinegar do an exceptionally good job at sanitizing counters and other food preparation surfaces such as wood cutting boards.
In tests performed at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1), combining the 2 mists eliminated virtually all Salmonella, E. coli bacteria or Shigella on heavily contaminated foods and surfaces when used in this manner, making this spray combination more effective at destroying these potentially deadly bacteria than any commercially available kitchen cleaner or chlorine bleach.
In one study (1), the best results were obtained when one used one spray right after the other - this method was several times more effective than using either mist by itself and more effective than mixing both liquids in one spray bottle.
Another idea is to keep your toothbrush in a glass of hydrogen peroxide in between brushings.
If you'd like to learn more about hydrogen peroxide and health, I would recommend the book "Hydrogen Peroxide, medical miracle".
(1) Science News August 8, 1998; Vol. 154, Issue. 6; pg. 83-85
© 2003 Healing Daily